Forum Nous Les Fans
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

AccueilAccueil  LHJMQLHJMQ  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  ConnexionConnexion  
-35%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Pack Smartphone Samsung Galaxy A25 6,5″ 5G + Casque Bluetooth JBL
241 € 371 €
Voir le deal

Halifax Moosehead 24-25

+2
chsb
Robichaud
6 participants
AuteurMessage
Robichaud
L.A.H.
L.A.H.
Robichaud

Halifax Moosehead 24-25 Empty
MessageSujet: Halifax Moosehead 24-25   Halifax Moosehead 24-25 Icon_minitimeVen 14 Juin 2024, 15:27

On va commencer le nouveau sujet avec l'annonce à Halifax de l'arrivé d'un nouvel entraîneur Andrew Lord :

https://www.eliteprospects.com/staff/16244/andrew-lord

Et l'entrevue de Scott MacIntosh :

https://twitter.com/HFXMooseheads/status/1801660905891226048
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
chsb
L.N.H.
L.N.H.

MessageSujet: Re: Halifax Moosehead 24-25   Halifax Moosehead 24-25 Icon_minitimeLun 17 Juin 2024, 12:45

Il y a zero enchantement des partisans d'Halifax a-propos de cette selection selon le board Anglais.

Il est meconnu pour ne pas dire plus.
Robichaud
L.A.H.
L.A.H.
Robichaud

MessageSujet: Re: Halifax Moosehead 24-25   Halifax Moosehead 24-25 Icon_minitimeLun 17 Juin 2024, 12:51

chsb a écrit:
Il y a zero enchantement des partisans d'Halifax a-propos de cette selection selon le board Anglais.

Ça ne peut pas être pire que son prédécesseur.

De toute façon, les partisans dirigent leur mécontentement plus vers les proprios qu'autre chose.

On a pas grand chose qui nous permet pour l'instant de juger du nouvel entraîneur.
Massimo
Atome
Atome

MessageSujet: Re: Halifax Moosehead 24-25   Halifax Moosehead 24-25 Icon_minitimeLun 17 Juin 2024, 21:37

chsb a écrit:

C’est normal. Il n’y a pas grand chose à faire pour eux de toute façon. Ils vont finir dans le dernier tier de la ligue pour les deux prochaines saisons, si c’est pas trois. La seule chose que les fans devraient espérer est une reconstruction plus rapide que prévue et un jeune coach qui les fait progresser rapidement. C’est la nature de cette ligue après deux saisons très excitantes pour eux. Il semble intéressant comme coach inconnu. Je pense qu’il va changer la nature de l’équipe, il a l’air très intense côté robustesse. Bonne chance à eux.
Reesor
Atome
Atome
Reesor

MessageSujet: Re: Halifax Moosehead 24-25   Halifax Moosehead 24-25 Icon_minitimeLun 30 Sep 2024, 09:49

I don't mean to post only when the Moose are doing well.  But I saw the posts regarding Andrew Lord so I thought I'd talk about him.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/21398/andrew-lord

He spent a bit of time in the AHL and in England as a player.  He was head coach and general manager of Greenville in the ECHL.  He won the ECHL coach of the year award this past season.  He has coached pro in England and has won multiple championships.

https://echl.com/news/2024/04/greenvilles-lord-receives-john-brophy-award-as-echl-coach-of-the-year

Andrew Lord is unknown to junior hockey, but has a very good coaching history.  He is young and has a fresh perspective.  Players seem to be buying into his policies.  When giving interviews, the players say how much they love playing for him.  A refreshing change from last year.

I don't expect Halifax's recent success to continue.  But you can certainly see the difference in playing style between players that like their coach, and players that don't.

efforeur, Robichaud et Benoitb aiment ce message

Raphman20
Atome
Atome

MessageSujet: Re: Halifax Moosehead 24-25   Halifax Moosehead 24-25 Icon_minitimeLun 30 Sep 2024, 11:12

Reesor a écrit:
I don't mean to post only when the Moose are doing well.  But I saw the posts regarding Andrew Lord so I thought I'd talk about him.

He spent a bit of time in the AHL and in England as a player.  He was head coach and general manager of Greenville in the ECHL.  He won the ECHL coach of the year award this past season.  He has coached pro in England and has won multiple championships.

https://echl.com/news/2024/04/greenvilles-lord-receives-john-brophy-award-as-echl-coach-of-the-year

Andrew Lord is unknown to junior hockey, but has a very good coaching history.  He is young and has a fresh perspective.  Players seem to be buying into his policies.  When giving interviews, the players say how much they love playing for him.  A refreshing change from last year.

I don't expect Halifax's recent success to continue.  But you can certainly see the difference in playing style between players that like their coach, and players that don't.
I am curious, what exactly wasn't working with Jim last year? All I heard was the point of Furlong and Dumais asking out of Halifax around the Christmas trade period.. but has there been anything else to say about what exactly went wrong with Jim Midgley?
Reesor
Atome
Atome
Reesor

MessageSujet: Re: Halifax Moosehead 24-25   Halifax Moosehead 24-25 Icon_minitimeLun 30 Sep 2024, 12:47

Raphman20 a écrit:
Reesor a écrit:

I am curious, what exactly wasn't working with Jim last year? All I heard was the point of Furlong and Dumais asking out of Halifax around the Christmas trade period.. but has there been anything else to say about what exactly went wrong with Jim Midgley?
I don't know exactly.  I've heard rumors he tried too hard to do an overall "professional" approach rather than playing to the strength of his players.  One of his quotes on video was "You want to be a pro hockey player? I'll treat you like a pro until you guys say otherwise."  It sounds good on the surface but it's not the way to treat teenagers in 2024.  A balanced approach of disciplined, structured hockey is good when you also pay attention to the types of players on your team and coach to their strengths.

Furlong and Dumais asked to be traded because they didn't believe Halifax did enough at the trade deadline to compete for a championship.  They were both injured in the playoffs, but of course in hindsight, they were absolutely right.  The Moose had new ownership and they were concerned about Halifax being horrible right after they bought the team.  They were too good to sell, but needed to add too much to go for the Memorial Cup.  That's the downside of going for a league championship twice in a row.  You either give up all your draft picks and great players as futures, and start at zero the next season.  Or, you do what Halifax did, and half-ass their way to pretender status and make it far more likely to be upset from the playoff than actually compete for a championship.

Midgley failed in 2018, and he failed in 2023.  Halifax has played 30 seasons, and their two biggest upset losses in the playoffs were when Midgley was coaching.  I'm not one to fully blame the coach.  The players take the blame as well.  But that statistic can't be a coincidence.
Niners
PeeWee
PeeWee

MessageSujet: Re: Halifax Moosehead 24-25   Halifax Moosehead 24-25 Icon_minitimeLun 30 Sep 2024, 14:31

Reesor a écrit:

I don't know exactly.  I've heard rumors he tried too hard to do an overall "professional" approach rather than playing to the strength of his players.  One of his quotes on video was "You want to be a pro hockey player? I'll treat you like a pro until you guys say otherwise."  It sounds good on the surface but it's not the way to treat teenagers in 2024.  A balanced approach of disciplined, structured hockey is good when you also pay attention to the types of players on your team and coach to their strengths.

Furlong and Dumais asked to be traded because they didn't believe Halifax did enough at the trade deadline to compete for a championship.  They were both injured in the playoffs, but of course in hindsight, they were absolutely right.  The Moose had new ownership and they were concerned about Halifax being horrible right after they bought the team.  They were too good to sell, but needed to add too much to go for the Memorial Cup.  That's the downside of going for a league championship twice in a row.  You either give up all your draft picks and great players as futures, and start at zero the next season.  Or, you do what Halifax did, and half-ass their way to pretender status and make it far more likely to be upset from the playoff than actually compete for a championship.

Midgley failed in 2018, and he failed in 2023.  Halifax has played 30 seasons, and their two biggest upset losses in the playoffs were when Midgley was coaching.  I'm not one to fully blame the coach.  The players take the blame as well.  But that statistic can't be a coincidence.

What about the Brad Marchand fiasco in 2007-2008?

I understand they lost in the 3rd round against the future champion, but wasn't it the year they were suppose to win it all?
Reesor
Atome
Atome
Reesor

MessageSujet: Re: Halifax Moosehead 24-25   Halifax Moosehead 24-25 Icon_minitimeLun 30 Sep 2024, 14:46

Niners a écrit:
Reesor a écrit:

What about the Brad Marchand fiasco in 2007-2008?

I understand they lost in the 3rd round against the future champion, but wasn't it the year they were suppose to win it all?
They were, but Gatineau had more points than them in the regular season, so I wouldn't call it an upset.  In 2018, Charlottetown had 12 less points than Halifax and swept them in round 2.  In 2024... We don't talk about 2024.  :)

Niners aime ce message

Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Halifax Moosehead 24-25   Halifax Moosehead 24-25 Icon_minitime

Halifax Moosehead 24-25
Page 1 sur 1