Forum Nous Les Fans
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

AccueilAccueil  LHJMQLHJMQ  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  ConnexionConnexion  

Mooseheads d'Halifax

+13
Reesor
HuskiesNation
goglu
Eti_Dumas
JRoy
CATSFAN
P'tit nouveau
Paul poirier
chsb
Vd_Foreurs
Robichaud
Fan4325
Marc052
17 participants
Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2
AuteurMessage
BigBen
Atome
Atome

Mooseheads d'Halifax  - Page 2 Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Mooseheads d'Halifax    Mooseheads d'Halifax  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMar 11 Jan 2022, 19:24

chsb a écrit:
Reesor a écrit:
Some Moose news:

L'Heureux is suspended... again.  This one was the worst one yet.  No need for that cross-check.  Was after the whistle in a 6-1 game.  Suspended for 6 games.

https://twitter.com/QDiscussions/status/1472405169132474370

Desnoyers wasn't traded at the deadline.  Lots of rumors about the reasoning.  The main point is, it put Halifax's rebuild behind, and most fans are extremely annoyed.

@chsb mentioned it, but the Moose signed 19yo forward Evan Boucher from the CCHL.  2nd leading scorer in the league with 40 points in 27 games.  Should be a 20yo for Halifax next year.  He should be playing major junior hockey, but he was playing in the CCHL in hopes of getting an NCAA scholarship.  A deadline passed over the weekend for scholarships, so when he didn't receive one, he signed with Halifax.

https://twitter.com/HFXMooseheads/status/1480885952067383296

The Moose are in a good position for next year, but should be beat up by Charlottetown, Saint John and Bathurst pretty consistently.  The future is bright.  The present has been frustrating.
It is great for the French board to get some feedback from the Maritimes....
L'Heureux is one nut case that will be very hard to crack.
The Desnoyers saga probably disturbed the focus of the players for sure and the other point is: did L'Heureux really want no part of a SJ trade?
It sure puts Halifax behind the 8 balls in its rebuild.

Evan Boucher is  an unknown as much as Pitt and Higgins are in Bathurst and already the fans are making him a top-6 if not top-3 player on the Mooseheads....typical haligonian!
At least I am envisioning Pitt and Higgins as #6-8 Ds on the Titan....please let them play first.
Il y a un forum anglais pour t'exprimer.....ah oui ! C'est vrai chsb tu es banni hahahaha 
Donc tu viens faire ton show ici
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Reesor
Atome
Atome
Reesor

MessageSujet: Re: Mooseheads d'Halifax    Mooseheads d'Halifax  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMar 11 Jan 2022, 20:26

chsb a écrit:
Reesor a écrit:
Some Moose news:

L'Heureux is suspended... again.  This one was the worst one yet.  No need for that cross-check.  Was after the whistle in a 6-1 game.  Suspended for 6 games.

https://twitter.com/QDiscussions/status/1472405169132474370

Desnoyers wasn't traded at the deadline.  Lots of rumors about the reasoning.  The main point is, it put Halifax's rebuild behind, and most fans are extremely annoyed.

@chsb mentioned it, but the Moose signed 19yo forward Evan Boucher from the CCHL.  2nd leading scorer in the league with 40 points in 27 games.  Should be a 20yo for Halifax next year.  He should be playing major junior hockey, but he was playing in the CCHL in hopes of getting an NCAA scholarship.  A deadline passed over the weekend for scholarships, so when he didn't receive one, he signed with Halifax.

https://twitter.com/HFXMooseheads/status/1480885952067383296

The Moose are in a good position for next year, but should be beat up by Charlottetown, Saint John and Bathurst pretty consistently.  The future is bright.  The present has been frustrating.
It is great for the French board to get some feedback from the Maritimes....
L'Heureux is one nut case that will be very hard to crack.
The Desnoyers saga probably disturbed the focus of the players for sure and the other point is: did L'Heureux really want no part of a SJ trade?
It sure puts Halifax behind the 8 balls in its rebuild.

Evan Boucher is  an unknown as much as Pitt and Higgins are in Bathurst and already the fans are making him a top-6 if not top-3 player on the Mooseheads....typical haligonian!
At least I am envisioning Pitt and Higgins as #6-8 Ds on the Titan....please let them play first.

I can't comment on Pitt or Higgins, but I'll do my best with Boucher.

I think it's important to remember that the CCHL, like the BCHL isn't a typical Junior A league.  Lots of players with NCAA hopes play in those two Junior A leagues in order to keep their NCAA eligibility.  So even though the league as a whole is lower than Major Junior Hockey, many elite players would also be very good Major Junior players.

Evan Boucher fits that description.  He is Major Junior caliber, but chose to protect his NCAA eligibility.  When the deadline passed and no scholarship came, he signed with Halifax.  His numbers are very good.  40 points in 27 games... almost double the next player on his team.  https://www.eliteprospects.com/team/3248/brockville-braves/2021-2022?tab=stats

It is very important to temper expectations.  New player in a new city playing in a higher league.  But the scouting report says he's a natural goal scorer, so I'd imagine he'll be put in a position on the Mooseheads to score goals.  With L'Heureux out 6 games, he'll be given an opportunity.  We'll see how he does.  Hopefully he does as well as Phillip Gadoury did, but Gadoury got to play with Ehlers and Drouin.  That is why direct comparisons are useless, and it is important not to get too excited right away.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/128455/philippe-gadoury

Gate et Robichaud aiment ce message

Reesor
Atome
Atome
Reesor

MessageSujet: Re: Mooseheads d'Halifax    Mooseheads d'Halifax  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSam 05 Fév 2022, 20:14

The new guy is on pace for 76 goals.   That would be pretty biased of a prediction.  I'll say 70.  :P

Robichaud aime ce message

Robichaud
L.A.H.
L.A.H.
Robichaud

MessageSujet: Re: Mooseheads d'Halifax    Mooseheads d'Halifax  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSam 05 Fév 2022, 20:48

Reesor a écrit:
The new guy is on pace for 76 goals.   That would be pretty biased of a prediction.  I'll say 70.  :P

Would you be inspired by a Titans fan by any chance for making such a prediction?  ;)
Reesor
Atome
Atome
Reesor

MessageSujet: Re: Mooseheads d'Halifax    Mooseheads d'Halifax  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSam 05 Fév 2022, 22:35

Robichaud a écrit:
Reesor a écrit:

Would you be inspired by a Titans fan by any chance for making such a prediction?  ;)
Naw he looked good in an interview before the game so based solely on that, I knew he would be an immediate impact player.   :)

The Moose were flat in that game.  Chicoutimi traded away a lot of goal scoring, and were missing a couple key players, and they out-played Halifax.  We got lucky.

Robichaud
L.A.H.
L.A.H.
Robichaud

MessageSujet: Re: Mooseheads d'Halifax    Mooseheads d'Halifax  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDim 06 Fév 2022, 12:06

Got my ticket for tuesday's game. First time I'll see them live since I can't remember. And the game will be hosted by Telus.tv which will be the feed on the web. As usual, I will record it to have a different angle on the game.

Should be a win for HAL; not sure if Xavier Cormier will be back since he got injured last nigth in MON. But Drover, Béland, Soucy and Thomson should be back on the ici. They were on covid protocole.

Can't wait to see Dumais (and others) live!!!
Reesor
Atome
Atome
Reesor

MessageSujet: Re: Mooseheads d'Halifax    Mooseheads d'Halifax  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDim 06 Fév 2022, 19:22

Robichaud a écrit:
Got my ticket for tuesday's game. First time I'll see them live since I can't remember. And the game will be hosted by Telus.tv which will be the feed on the web. As usual, I will record it to have a different angle on the game.

Should be a win for HAL; not sure if Xavier Cormier will be back since he got injured last nigth in MON. But Drover, Béland, Soucy and Thomson should be back on the ici. They were on covid protocole.

Hopefully you see the Mooseheads and not whatever team got thoroughly beat by Baie-Comeau this afternoon.  That was ugly.
Robichaud
L.A.H.
L.A.H.
Robichaud

MessageSujet: Re: Mooseheads d'Halifax    Mooseheads d'Halifax  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeLun 07 Fév 2022, 08:39

Reesor a écrit:
Robichaud a écrit:

Hopefully you see the Mooseheads and not whatever team got thoroughly beat by Baie-Comeau this afternoon.  That was ugly.

Je n'ai pas vu cette partie et le résultat est un peu étonnant. Je m'attendais au moins à un match plus serré.

Or, il faut tenir compte de quelques éléments quand on affronte BAC : la qualité des gardiens (goaltending) et le jeu défensif presque hermétique pratiqué par l'équipe.

So, thing can get out of control fairly easily playing such a team.

Saturday's game opposing SHE to ROU could be the other ending of a similar scenario. The Pheonix never stopped trying and sticked to the game plan.
Reesor
Atome
Atome
Reesor

MessageSujet: Re: Mooseheads d'Halifax    Mooseheads d'Halifax  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeLun 21 Fév 2022, 10:55

Tough weekend for Halifax losing both games.  They're missing some regulars (As are every team), but I thought they played well.  Evan Boucher has come as advertised.

Zach L'Heureux is back which will give the 2nd line a boost, whether it's him or Boucher that plays on it.

Lots of games coming up in a short time frame.  I suspect Halifax will struggle a bit with fatigue playing a lot of bigger, stronger, more experienced teams.  But it will be good experience for next year.
Showtime02
Midget
Midget

MessageSujet: Re: Mooseheads d'Halifax    Mooseheads d'Halifax  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSam 23 Avr 2022, 21:10

En tout cas, on parle vraiment pas assez de Jordan Dumais. 5 points ce soir, 104 pour la saison.

Je comprend pas le si peu de hype.
corby
Super Stars
Super Stars

MessageSujet: Re: Mooseheads d'Halifax    Mooseheads d'Halifax  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSam 23 Avr 2022, 21:16

Showtime02 a écrit:
En tout cas, on parle vraiment pas assez de Jordan Dumais. 5 points ce soir, 104 pour la saison.

Pas même génération mais ça me fait penser a Luc Robitaille qui est sorti 9e ronde NHL a cause coup de patin.
Pourtant Robitaille a plus de 400 points en trois saisons junior

Bjindaho
Bantam
Bantam

MessageSujet: Re: Mooseheads d'Halifax    Mooseheads d'Halifax  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDim 24 Avr 2022, 07:29

corby a écrit:
Showtime02 a écrit:

Pas même génération mais ça me fait penser a Luc Robitaille qui est sorti 9e ronde NHL a cause coup de patin.
Je n'ai pas vu Robitaille au junior, mais Dumais est un gars qui joue seulement dans la zone offensive.
Reesor
Atome
Atome
Reesor

MessageSujet: Re: Mooseheads d'Halifax    Mooseheads d'Halifax  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeLun 25 Avr 2022, 08:39

Bjindaho a écrit:
corby a écrit:

Je n'ai pas vu Robitaille au junior, mais Dumais est un gars qui joue seulement dans la zone offensive.

In fairness, the Mooseheads as a team aren't very good in their own zone.  Cataford and Furlong have been pretty good, but Halifax's weakness is their defensive play and mistakes in their own zone.

Dumais is fine defensively for his age.  It isn't a strength, but it isn't a weakness.

Dumais's weaknesses are his physical play and, to an extent, his skating.  His skating is good, but he lacks explosiveness that you'll see from high-end NHL prospects.  He doesn't play physical at all, and relies on his IQ and stickwork to take pucks away, which his is good at.  He's a small player, and NHL scouts want to see small players play physical.  Might be a big reason Dumais is ranked as low as he is.
Showtime02
Midget
Midget

MessageSujet: Re: Mooseheads d'Halifax    Mooseheads d'Halifax  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeLun 25 Avr 2022, 08:48

Reesor a écrit:
Bjindaho a écrit:

In fairness, the Mooseheads as a team aren't very good in their own zone.  Cataford and Furlong have been pretty good, but Halifax's weakness is their defensive play and mistakes in their own zone.

Dumais is fine defensively for his age.  It isn't a strength, but it isn't a weakness.

Dumais's weaknesses are his physical play and, to an extent, his skating.  His skating is good, but he lacks explosiveness that you'll see from high-end NHL prospects.  He doesn't play physical at all, and relies on his IQ and stickwork to take pucks away, which his is good at.  He's a small player, and NHL scouts want to see small players play physical.  Might be a big reason Dumais is ranked as low as he is.
He is on his way to beat the "draft" seasons of Drouin, Huberdeau and Lafreniere. He must be doing something good.

You can always teach a player how to play more physically (unless he's scared, but seems much like a "shape" issue)

I think it would be a mistake for any scout to let him go over end of 2nd round.

Reesor aime ce message

Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Mooseheads d'Halifax    Mooseheads d'Halifax  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Mooseheads d'Halifax
Page 2 sur 2Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2